Celebrate National Quilting Day on Saturday, March 17, at the Landrum Library. LQ members will display quilts, work on quilting projects and answer quilting questions from 9 a.m. until 1 p. m.
We welcome visitors and new members to the Landrum Quilters.
Join us on the second Thursday of each month at 9:30 AM. The agenda includes a business meeting, show and tell, an educational program and refreshments.
The historic Gowensville Community Center serves as our meeting place. It is located near the intersection of highways 11 and 14. Its official address is 14186 Highway 11, Campobello, SC 29322.
The location is a convenient drive from Landrum, Greenville, Spartanburg, Gaffney, Hendersonville and places in between.
On the fourth Monday at 9:30 AM we also gather for a bee at the center. You can bring a project to work on, spend time looking at books from our extensive library or share ideas with friends.
Dues are $20 per year. Our year starts in January.
This group, organized in 1980, has grown to more than 130 members who share the common love of creativity through quilting and fabric arts. Our monthly programs, periodic workshops and philanthropic projects offer members a variety of educational experiences and opportunities to form lasting friendships.
Visitors are always welcome and may attend two meetings before joining.
Club newsletters are posted on the LQ Members page.
- Ronald McDonald House. Members annually make and donate quilts to seriously ill children whose families are staying at the Ronald McDonald House near Greenville Memorial Hospital.
- Steps to Hope. The club also provides financial support and resources for Steps to Hope, an agency in Columbus, NC which serves and shelters abused women and their families from throughout the area.
- National Quilting Day. This annual focus on quilting takes place the third Saturday in March at the Landrum Library.
- Landrum community. Members enjoy working with staff and students at O. P. Earle Elementary School and Landrum Middle School on quilting-related projects and exhibits. The club also promotes quilting through the Landrum Library and the Landrum Area Business Association.
- Hospice of the Carolina Foothills. The Hospice House in Landrum regularly receives lap quilts and neck pillows made by LQ members. Club members have also made several gurney quilts.
Quilting together since 1980
The Landrum Quilters meet monthly
at the Gowensville Community Center.
Business meeting and program
9:30 AM Gowensville Community Center
Nancy McNally Trunk Show
9:30 AM Bee
Philanthropy pillowcases and
LQ donated the first block for which is now the Foothills Quilt Trail in Landrum. LQ members also are assisting the city of Landrum with this project. To date, 28 blocks are hanging in the city plus one at the Gowensville Community Center, a gift from the Landrum Quilters. You can follow the progress of the quilt trail on the Foothills Quilt Trail Facebook page.
2015 Calendar of
Meetings and Bees
February 12-9:30AM Business Meeting and Program by
February 23-9:30AM Bee
March 12-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
March 23-9:30 AM Bee
National Quilting Day
April 9-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
April 27-9:30 AM Bee
May 14-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
May 25-9:30 AM Bee
June 11-13-Landrum Quilt Show
June 22-9:30 AM Bee
July 9-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
July 27-9:30 AM Bee
August 13-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
August 24-9:30 AM Bee
September 10-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
September 28- 9:30 AM Bee
October 8-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
October 26-9:30 AM Bee
November 12-9:30 AM Business Meeting and Program
November 23-9:30 AM Bee
Members will find the forms and information for the
2015 Landrum Quilt Show on the LQ Members Page.