Celebrate National Quilting Day on Saturday, March 17, at the Landrum Library. LQ members will display quilts, work on quilting projects and answer quilting questions from 9 a.m. until 1 p. m.
We welcome visitors and new members to the Landrum Quilters.
Join us on the second Thursday of each month at 9:30 a. m. The agenda includes a business meeting, show and tell, an educational program and refreshments.
The historic Gowensville Community Center serves as our meeting place. It is located near the intersection of highways 11 and 14. Its official address is 14186 Highway 11, Campobello, SC 29322.
The location is a convenient drive from Landrum, Greenville, Spartanburg, Gaffney, Hendersonville and places in between.
On the fourth Monday at 9:30 a. m., we also gather for a bee at the center. You can bring a project to work on, spend time looking at books from our extensive library or share ideas with friends.
Dues are $15 per year. Our year starts in January.
This group, organized in 1980, has grown to more than 130 members who share the common love of creativity through quilting and fabric arts. Our monthly programs, periodic workshops and philanthropic projects offer members a variety of educational experiences and opportunities to form lasting friendships.
Visitors may attend two meetings before joining.
- Ronald McDonald House. Members annually make and donate quilts to seriously ill children whose families are staying at the Ronald McDonald House near Greenville Memorial Hospital. In 2012, members contributed 287 quilts.
- Steps to Hope. The club also provides financial support and resources for Steps to Hope, an agency in Columbus, NC which serves and shelters abused women and their families from throughout the area.
- National Quilting Day. This annual focus on quilting takes place the third Saturday in March at the Landrum Library.
- Landrum community. Members enjoy working with staff and students at O. P. Earle Elementary School and Landrum Middle School on quilting-related projects and exhibits. The club also promotes quilting through the Landrum Library and the Landrum Area Business Association.
- Spartanburg County Department of Social Services. LQ members provided more than 420 tote bags for children taken into protective services by DSS in 2012.
Quilting together since 1980
The Landrum Quilters meet monthly
at the Gowensville Community Center.
NO JUNE MEETING
Sign up to work at the Landrum Quilt Show or to bring food.
LQ newsletters are now posted on the LQ Members page.
The City of Landrum is developing the Foothills Quilt Trail with initial funding from Landrum City Council and a grant from the Mary F. Kessler Fund, Polk County Community Foundation. Members of the Landrum Quilters are assisting applications in choosing their quilt block designs.
Join or renew your membership.
Cathi Gainey of Shakerwood Woolens displayed many of her beautiful designs during the February program.
2013 Landrum Quilt Show
Landrum Middle School gym,
104 Redland Rd.
10 am - 5 pm: Thursday & Friday
10 am - 4 pm: Saturday
Passing Fancy is the show quilt for 2013. Tickets are on sale at Elaine's Attic in Landrum.